AEN/CTC 001 About us
AENOR, as a Products Certification Entity, develops this activity through sectorial Technical Committees of Certification. The reason of these committees is to issue technical reports to the direction of AENOR on aspects that have to do with the certification of the products of the proper industry.
To ensure fairness, objectivity and transparency of the certification process, and provide the necessary market confidence in the products that are offered with the AENOR Mark, it is imperative that the membership of each Committee is balanced between the parties involved: administration, consumers, users , manufacturers, laboratories...
Following this model, AENOR has nearly 100 Technical Certification Committees. The number 001 is the Technical Plastics Certification Committee: AEN/CTC-001, representing the following entities and organizations, public and private:
Public authorities and research centers:
Consumers and users:
Organisations and laboratories:
The two main purposes of the Technical Certification Committees are:
1. To develop Specific Rules, documents that define the requirements that the manufacturer and the product must comply with, in order to carry out the AENOR certified product Mark.
These Rules determinate the applicable certification system, the activities and frequency to be performed for granting the AENOR certificate.
The certification system generally used and represented in the picture, includes the following most common activities:
- Management Quality System audit in accordance with the sections of the UNE-EN ISO 9001 standard that the Committee has considered necessary.
- Factory inspection of manufacturing and certified product.
- Product testing in accordance with the applicable standards in an external laboratory.
These Regulations also define the controls carried out by the manufacturer on the production and its frequency, in order to verify continuously that the products fit to the specifications.
Every AENOR system certification product necessarily includes monitoring compliance with the referenced standards during the period of validity of the certificate. During the maintenance visits, the control of the compliance made by the manufacturer is checked, as it is provided in the applicable Specific Rules.
2. The technical evaluation reports after management system quality audit, product inspection the tests results in the initial process and during maintenance process, by applying the Specific Rules.
Verification that the results reflected in these reports comply with requirements specified in the applicable standards is done during the committee meetings, and always in a confidential way. Unless the Committee Secretariat and the representative of AENOR, nobody knows who owns the file being analyzed.
The Committee finally issues the technical proposal adopted in each case to the General Manager of AENOR.
The certification system for plastic pipes and fittings used by AENOR is accredited by ENAC (National Accreditation Body) and therefore is audited annually by experts of this entity.